Barcelona Cuida is back to its usual hours (from 8.15 am to 2 pm and from 3pm to 7pm, Monday to Friday) by phone and email and now also face to face by prior appointment.
During these last few months Barcelona Cuida has deployed several actions to support domestic and care workers.
The measures come in response to concerns raised by domestic workers about situations they are experiencing during the COVID-19 pandemic relating to the personal home care services they provide, and their well-being and labour rights. Responses to questions frequently asked among people caring for family members and carers in general are also provided, including specific audio-visual material.
For domestic and care workers:
– Support is provided on the phone number 93 413 25 55, from 8 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday, for advice and queries about health and protection.
– The free phone number 900 505 805 is also operational seven days a week from 6 am to midnight, with psychologists providing emotional and psychological support for domestic and care workers suffering from anxiety, nerves, insomnia etc. The password to access this service is “DOMICILIO2020”.
– Advice on labour rights from Employment Rights Defence Points (Barcelona Activa): 900 533 175, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm. By prior appointment.
For carer families:
– Information and guidance for families about hiring people to carry out domestic or care work:
- Contact Barcelona Cuida: 93 413 21 21 / email@example.com.
– For all carers, whether they are paid employees or family members, four videos are available with clear instructions on adopting the general protection measures set up by the health authorities to tackle COVID-19.
You can also download an image with the main support and advice phone numbers here.
For further information, Barcelona Cuida handles phone queries from Monday to Friday, from 8.15 am to 2 pm and 3 pm to 7 pm, on 93 413 21 21, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or face to face by prior appointment.
Barcelona Cuida provides information and guidance on where to find services and resources relating to the care of sick or dependent people, in addition to practical support in the areas of employment and career training, legal aspects, emotional support, and activities for carers.