In Barcelona, now
New Covid-19 protocol
The Government of Catalonia's new Covid-19 protocol means that the illness can be managed like other respiratory infections. With much of the population inoculated, and with a lower incidence of serious cases, the priority in this new phase is to protect vulnerable people.
- Being 60 years of age or over.
- Having immunodeficiency or undergoing a therapy using immunosuppression medicines.
- Being pregnant.
- Working in the following areas:
- Medical centres
- Socio-medical centres
- Residential centres where vulnerable people live
- Urgent and non-urgent healthcare transport
What should I do if I have symptoms?
If you have slight symptoms that could be compatible with Covid-19, you don't have to act any differently than you would with any other respiratory illness. But you should take some precautions:
- If you can, stay at home until the symptoms disappear.
- Use teleworking whenever possible.
- Avoid contact with vulnerable people for ten days after the symptoms first appear.
- Maximize individual protection so that you don't infect other people:
- Use a face mask continually.
- Reduce social interactions to the minimum.
- Do not go to crowded events.
If the symptoms get worse during the process, contact your healthcare professional, or call 061. In case of emergency, call 112.