On el teatre batega: series of dramatised readings
Several venues 26/06 - 18/07
In 2020, the city's neighbourhood theatres and the Barcelona Grec Festival began a collaborative experience that has continued to grow and which, this year, is offering audiences and playwrights a new experience: a series of dramatised readings chosen from those received in a public call with the aim of bringing some of them to the stage during Grec 2023.
Among the readings in the programme, there will be one at the Sala Versus Glòries (12 July) devoted specifically to the winning works of the Carme Montoriol grants awarded each year. These are grants for playwriting awarded by the Barcelona City of Literature programme and are intended to enable authors who have already premièred at least one play to write another in any language.
You will be able to listen to the works of playwrights you may already know as well as those of newcomers to the stage at six city venues:
- Monday 27 June, at El Maldà: Solar, by Mos Maiorum. Tickets.
- Tuesday 28 June, at La Badabadoc: Holocaust, by Queralt Riera. Tickets.
- Monday, 4 July, at Teatre Akadèmia: La chispa, by Marc Angelet. Tickets.
- Tuesday, 5 July, at Teatre Akadèmia: Esto no es un Banksy, by Mikel Fernandino. Tickets.
- Wednesday, 6 July, at Teatre Akadèmia: Axaxaxas Mlö, by Xavi Morató. Tickets.
- Monday 11 July, at the Teatre Eòlia: Reset, by Laura Giberga (7 pm); Els temps de les coses, by Martí Costa Oliveres (9 pm). Tickets.
- Tuesday, 12 July, at the Sala Versus Glòries: reading of plays that have obtained a Carme Montoriol grant: Dones que parlen, by Ferran Joanmiquel; Poliedre, by Queralt Riera; Com es moren els ocells, by Oriol Morales i Pujolar. Tickets.
- Monday 18 July, at the Sala Fènix: Dopaland, by Eu Manzanares. Tickets.
- Tuesday 19 July, at the Sala Versus Glòries: Res, by Bàrbara Mestanza. Tickets.