A city which nurtures and supports talentEfforts to generate, attract, drive and develop talent are being multiplied through the new government measure ‘Barcelona, Talent City’. The measure will push the budget up to 5.3 million euros for what is considered a key factor in the economic reactivation of the city.
The measure will be implemented through various initiatives, such as:
- Projecte Vida Professional, providing support for people in their vocations.
- IT Academy, which will grow further to train 3,000 web programmers in the next five years.
- Programa Lidera, to generate more networking opportunities.
It will also have an impact in the sphere of public-private projects, a fundamental area where work is already being done through initiatives such as:
- Barcelona & Partners, created with Barcelona Global to attract investment in the city.
- Barcelona International Welcome, a city brand event.
- Fundació BCN FP, backing vocational training.
- Barcelona Digital Talent, created with Mobile World Capital to strengthen digital talent and promote the competitiveness of companies in the city.
‘Barcelona, Talent City’ was presented at the October session of the Commission for Economy and Tax, and in a virtual and face-to-face session with economic and social stakeholders and universities in the city with the goal of multiplying ideas and paving the way for talent-focused policies.
Employment and jobsEmployment and jobs
22/09/2020 17:41 h