A major cross-cutting agreement to relaunch the cityA work group with the economic, social, cultural and educational players and the seven political party groups with municipal representation will be establishing a major city agreement to set out how the city is to recover and pull through the crisis caused by the Covid-19 outbreak.
The Barcelona Agreement is designed to bring solutions to the challenges and needs that have arisen during the Covid-19 emergency. The strategic lines of this extensive agreement focus on the following goals:
- Boosting the city in socio-economic and civil spheres.
- Guaranteeing municipal finances.
- Advancing under social fairness and justice criteria.
- Strengthening healthcare and treatments.
- Having a more habitable and resilient city.
- Protecting the city’s international reputation.
- Boosting public-private collaboration.
- Exploiting the potential of the urban and metropolitan areas.
The Barcelona Agreement Board will be the body that defines the specific measures and initiatives to be launched in 2020 and 2021 over the coming three months. This is a body made up of some fifty representatives of the city’s various sectors, as well as experts, which will be meeting up every month to discuss and offering solutions to the challenges and needs of the new reality following the Covid-19 health crisis.
At the same time, a work group has been set up with the Council’s political-party groups to establish a new consensus for a municipal budget aimed at economic and social recovery for the 2020 and 2021.
26/03/2020 19:03 h
Commerce and marketsCommerce and markets
06/05/2020 18:41 h