A photographic stroll through everyday tales of Barcelona people, with ‘Relats Revelats’Barcelona’s Municipal District Archives are displaying an important part of the city’s photographic heritage in the travelling exhibition ‘Relats Revelats’. The project reveals and gives value to everyday accounts of people in Barcelona who have grown up, worked, enjoyed, experienced and built the city’s neighbourhoods, with images from the end of the 19th century and all of the 20th century.
These little stories make up a collective memory in the city and help us complete the huge visual jigsaw of Barcelona in the past, where each piece, each photograph, reveals a moment that people have shared in the city. The photos displayed offer a broad vision of the city from different perspectives such as work, everyday life, housing, urban planning, social causes, leisure and popular culture. They also highlight practices such as amateur photography, which has done so much to reveal narratives about the people of Barcelona.
The photographic archive held by the District Municipal Archives stands out for its richness and diversity, as well as the way it has been assembled, largely thanks to private donations from various origins: families, businesses, associations, cooperatives, photographic groups, hiking centres and popular archives in the different neighbourhoods.
The exhibition ‘Relats Revelats’ and its parallel activities will be on at the following community centres in 2021:
- Centre Cívic Sant Andreu
- Exhibition: from 28 April to 26 May 2021
- Inauguration with a presentation by the curator, Marta Delclòs: 28 April, at 6 pm
- Round table ‘Sant Andreu revelat’, in the auditorium at the Biblioteca Ignasi Iglésias-Can Fabra: 12 May, at 6 pm
- Centre Cívic Can Basté
- Exhibition: from 10 June to 31 July 2021
- Inauguration with a presentation by the curator, Marta Delclòs: 10 June, at 6 pm
- Presentation of Linde, ‘minimal’ stories which explain the city: 30 June, at 6 pm
- Centre Cultural La Farinera del Clot
- Exhibition: from 30 September to 31 October 2021
- Inauguration with a presentation by the curator, Marta Delclòs: 30 September, at 6 pm
- Itinerary ‘El Clot fotogràfic’: 16 October, at 11 am
- Centre Cívic Pati Llimona
- Exhibition: from 30 November to 31 December 2021
- Inauguration with a presentation by the curator, Marta Delclòs: 30 November, at 6 pm
All the activities are free, with registration in advance and limited places.