Agreement with New York and Amsterdam to protect people’s digital rightsThe City Alliance to Protect Digital Rights was presented at the Smart City Expo World Congress today. The joint initiative is intended to protect, promote and control people’s digital rights on a global scale.
The coalition of cities will generate policies, mechanisms and resources in line with the Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet, established within the context of the UN Internet Governance Forum (IGF).
The Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet sets out five basic principles, which the policies of this agreement are based on:
- Universal and equal access to the internet.
- Privacy, data protection and security.
- Transparency, accountability and non-discrimination of data, content and algorithms.
- Participatory democracy, diversity and inclusion.
- Open and ethical digital service standards.
These principles set the agenda for future political debates to be held in the coming year in coordination with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN–Habitat).
City CouncilCity Council
14/11/2018 11:37 h