All set to start re-opening municipal sports facilitiesThe Barcelona Institute of Sports and the network of municipal sports centres are working to re-open facilities according to instructions issued by the health authorities and in keeping with current protocols at all times. Facilities will re-open in line with the gradual lockdown exit stages established by the state of emergency decree.
The calendar for re-opening is as follows:
- People can continue to do outdoor sports activities, such as running, cycling and walking. Federated sportspeople can do open-water swimming and surfing.
- Start of activities in urban sports parks: petanque, basketball hoops and table tennis.
- As from 1 June, re-opening of specific outdoor facilities without changing rooms:
- Padel, tennis and the climbing wall at La Foixarda.
- Beach facilities: Espai de Mar, Base Nàutica Municipal and the Centre Municipal de Vela.
- Re-opening of open-air sports facilities with no spectators for non-contact sports and covered specific sports facilities without changing rooms.
- Athletics Tracks: Estadi Municipal Joan Serrahima, Complex Esportiu Municipal Pau Negre – Parc Migdia, Complex Esportiu Municipal Can Dragó, Complex Esportiu Municipal La Mar Bella.
- Facilities in Montjuïc: Escola Municipal d’Hípica La Foixarda, Club d’Agility Ciutat Comtal and the Camp Municipal de Tir amb Arc.
- Others: Velòdrom Municipal d’Horta Miquel Poblet, Pistes Municipals d’Aeromodelisme de Montjuïc, Centre Municipal d’Escalada La Foixarda, Centre Municipal de Tennis de Taula Reina Elisenda and the Centre Municipal d’Esgrima Reina Elisenda.
Monday 22 June
- Re-opening of the four open-air swimming pools which are not part of a municipal sports centre (CEM) or which are physically separate, with the same timetable as every year:
- Piscines Municipals de Montjuïc, Llac-Parc de la Creueta del Coll, Piscina Descoberta CEM Guinardó and Llac-Centre Esportiu Municipal Can Dragó.
- Re-opening of the 41 municipal sports centres and specialist facilities (51 licensed facilities in all) with measures to control capacity.
- Re-opening of the 56 municipal sports facilities in the ten districts: football pitches, sports halls and multi-purpose sports courts.
- Re-opening of the Camp Municipal de Beisbol i Softbol Carlos Pérez de Rozas and the Camp Municipal de Rugbi.
Organisation of sports events in the city
Work is also being done towards holding sports events in the city again, with two goals: the recovery of sport as a healthy activity and the activation of the sports ecosystem and all the small companies which form a part of this sector.
- Cursa de la Mercè, 20 September: different scenarios are being worked on, depending on the evolution of the pandemic, with the measures from the health authorities to dictate how restrictive the final proposal will be.
- Festa del Fitnes, 24 September: the collective choreography by Koers, first performed during lockdown, will be danced again. Four different formats are being worked on, depending on the level of restrictions.
- Caminada Barnatresc: these walks will resume in the autumn, with two simultaneous walks in two different parts of the city on two Sundays of each month. The same walk will separate participants using two different start points and two different arrival points but following the same itinerary.
More information at: barcelona.cat/esports.