Beaches open from 6 am to 10 am for people to do sport aloneThe city’s nine beaches will be opening again on 8 May, with times limited to a four-hour morning slot from 6 am to 10 am for people to go running or do water sports on their own. Six large parks around Montjuïc will also be opening again tomorrow, making a total of 77 parks and gardens open in the city.
The city’s nine beaches are re-opening, with limited hours for users to do sports. Each beach will have two signposted access points, which will open and close at the times established.
What can people do at the beach?
- Run, swim and do water sports individually between 6 am and 10 am. Surfing is possible at the Nautical Base, located next to the Bogatell beach.
- Professional and federated sportspeople with valid licences can also train between 8 pm and 11 pm from the Nautical Base, located next to the Bogatell beach. Licences or corresponding certificates must be shown for accreditation.
What is not permitted?
- No staying around on the sand or sunbathing.
- No recreational bathing.
- No recreational fishing from the beach.
What do people need to bear in mind?
- Social distancing of 2 metres.
- The lifeguard service has not been activated.
- For safety reasons, showers, foot-washing facilities, public toilets, children’s play areas and sports areas are all out of service.
The sand-cleaning and water-clearing service, previously suspended in line with health recommendations for the state of emergency, has been reactivated to condition the beaches. Work has also restarted to repair the damage caused by Storm Gloria in January.
Six parks and gardens around Montjuïc re-open
Six big parks and gardens around Montjuïc will also be open from tomorrow, for people to walk and exercise in. They are:
- Jardins de Mossèn Cinto Verdaguer
- Jardins del Teatre Grec
- Jardins de Laribal
- Jardí d’Aclimatació de Montjuïc
- Jardins de Joan Brossa
- Jardins de Joan Maragall (usual opening hours, only at weekends)
As with the first parks to re-open, Parks and Gardens cleaning brigades and municipal cleaning teams are carrying out maintenance work to get the parks ready.
The re-opening of these large parks comes in addition to the seventy parks which opened last week and the Parc de la Ciutadella, which opened on Monday, bringing the total number of parks and gardens open in the city to 77.
Tags associated with the news item
Environment and sustainabilityEnvironment and sustainability
11/05/2020 16:55 h