Children’s play areas re-open!As from 19 June, children’s play areas will be open again during their usual hours. Daily cleaning checks will be carried out at children’s recreational areas and for safety reasons kids should wash their hands frequently, with those aged six and over recommended to wear face masks.
Recommendations issued by the health authorities must be properly observed for children’s play areas to function correctly:
- Adult supervision.
- Face masks: obligatory for adults and recommended for children aged six and over.
- Safety distance of 1.5 metres between people.
- Handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after playing.
- Cleaning of toys taken to play areas by children.
Cleaning and inspections
- Daily cleaning: cleaning of structures and removal of sand and waste from play elements.
- Safety checks: three times a week.
- Regular inspections.
Over 850 children’s play areas
There are 888 children’s play areas in the city: 248 for young children up to the age of five, 383 for kids aged between 6 and 12, and 247 mixed areas with a surface area of over 100 square metres.
The 38 areas for the elderly and the 59 health and callisthenics circuits will also be opening, with the same recommendations to apply.