Ten million euros for reclaiming and improving 22 parks and green spacesHaving more nature and biodiversity in the city brings benefits to citizens’ health and well-being. This is the aim behind the investment of 10.14 million euros in reclaiming and redeveloping 22 parks and green spaces in nine of the city’s districts.
Reclamation and restoration work on several Parks and Green spaces is currently in progress so they will be safer and more accessible for the public to stroll along and rest in. These projects are being carried out with ecological resources that are maintaining the areas’ fauna and flora and ensuring their ecosystems and biodiversity.
More specifically, work is being carried out in the following locations:
- Parc de les Corts, Les Corts district: improved dog area; construction of a passageway over the canal: improved urban furniture and renovated road surface and irrigation network. Cost: 635,000 euros.
- Parc de la Pegaso, Sant Andreu district: improved road surfacing, removal of railings and renovated irrigation network. Cost: 530,.000 euros.
- Plaça de Ferran Casablancas, Horta-Guinardó district: renovated road surface; new irrigation network; improved dog area and urban furniture and construction of a passageway over the canal. Cost: 1.67 million euros.
- Parc de la Guineueta, Nou Barris district: new access points; renovated road Surface and irrigation network and improved dog area. Cost: 1.9 million euros.
The first quarter of this year will see work commence at:
- Parc de la Font del Racó, Sarrià – Sant Gervasi district: removal of invasive species and individuals in poor condition; improved paths with gravel and new water collectors. Cost: 535,000 euros.
- Jardins de Santa Rosalia, Horta-Guinardó district: improved accessibility; renovated plants and surfacing and introduction of a new irrigation and drainage network. Cost: 352,000 euros.
- Jardins de Mossèn Costa i LLobera, Sants-Montjuïc district: repairs to stairs and ramps and improvements to access points. Cost: 1.1 million euros.
One-off maintenance work will also be carried out in plantations, irrigation networks and access points in a further 14 park, costing 2.9 million euros. These are, to be more specific, the parks along Passeig de Lluís Companys, the Jardins de Joan Brossa, the Jardí de les Escultures, the Jardins de Can Cuiàs, the Jardi d’Àurea Cuadrado, the Jardins del Clot de la Mel, the Parc de la Creueta del Coll, the stairs at Josep Maria Sert, the Jardins de Juan Ponce, the Parc de Can Dragó, the Parc de Josep M. Serra Martí, Plaça de les Palmeres, Plaça de l’Abat Escarré and Rambla de Prim.