Forty years of commitment to people with disabilitiesThe International Day of Persons with Disabilities is on 3 December. Barcelona is marking the occasion with fifty recreational activities promoting the rights of people with disabilities and raising public awareness. The programme offers activities in all the city’s districts and everyone is welcome.
Using the slogan ‘Sumem capacitats, sumem diversitats’ [joining skills, joining diversities], the activities for International Day of Persons with Disabilities invite everyone to meet people with disabilities and become more aware of everyone’s right to a full life.
A wide array of activities is being organised with different entities in all the city’s districts, such as performing arts festivals, inclusive film festivals, exhibitions, guided visits, conferences and debates to promote rights, family workshops, flashmobs, comprehensive service presentations and festive and play-based events to celebrate diversity.
By district, some of the most notable activities for the International Day of Persons with Disabilities are:
- Ciutat Vella, 3 December, from 10 am to 1 pm in Plaça de les Caramelles
Creative collective manifesto by district entities to stand up for rights.
- L’Eixample, from 27 November to 13 December, at the Espai Veïnal Calàbria 66
Exhibition ‘Volem triar nosaltres’ on the autonomy of people with disabilities.
- Sants-Montjuïc, 4 December, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm at the Centre Cívic Cotxeres de Sants
Screening: Voleu conèixer les activitats de sensibilització a les escoles?
- Les Corts, 4 December, frpm 10.30 am to 12.30 pm at Plaça de Comas, 18
Accessible route around the old centre of Les Corts.
- Sarrià – Sant Gervasi, 24 November, from 11 am to 2 pm in Plaça del Consell de la Vila
Stalls with products, magic, inclusive giants and a hot chocolate fest. A celebration for everyone!
- Gràcia, 3 December, from 10.30 am to 1.30 pm in Plaça de la Vila de Gràcia
Workshops on inclusion in art.
- Horta-Guinardó, 29 November, from 9.30 am to 1 am at the District Office
Workshops open to all and a flashmob in the district to the sound of Serem ocells, by Oques Grasses.
- Nou Barris, 3 December, from 11 am to 12 noon in Plaça Major
Dance with choreography to the sound of Caminem junts, by Doctor Prats.
- Sant Andreu, 3 December, from 11 am to 12 noon in Plaça d’Orfila
Fourth flashmob in the neighbourhood to the sound of Agafant l’horitzó, by Txarango.
- Sant Martí, 4 December, at 6 pm in the multi-function room at Ca l’Isidret
Lecture on gender violence and disability.
See all the activities here.
Tags associated with the news item
14/11/2019 14:11 h
26/09/2019 14:52 h