Free parking for healthcare staffThe city’s main underground car park operators (B:SM, SABA and BAMSA) are offering over 1,400 free parking spaces for staff working at hospitals and healthcare centres to combat Covid-19. Barcelona City Council has also reserved nearly 80 spaces above ground for the same purpose.
Given the Covid-19 health emergency, and coinciding with the application of the Royal Decree of a State of Emergency (RD 463/2020), Barcelona City Council, in collaboration with the Barcelona Health Consortium and the city’s main underground car park operators (B:SM, SABA and BAMSA), is working to ensure maximum ease of parking for staff at healthcare centres and hospitals while the exceptional situation lasts.
Since last week, underground car parks operated by B:SM, SABA and BAMSA have been offering free parking to staff from healthcare centres and hospitals working to combat Covid-19.
The three operators have set up automatic access through number-plate recognition for workers at 16 public and private healthcare facilities in the city of Barcelona, as well as a hotel which has been conditioned for healthcare purposes.
Access through number-plate recognition makes it simpler to get into and out of car parks, as barriers are raised automatically without the user having to stop and take a ticket. There are currently 1,400 spaces available for healthcare staff.
The car parks are:
– Hospital Sant Pau – SABA Hospital Sant Pau / B:SM Gaudí
– Hospital Dos de Maig– SABA Hospital Sant Pau
– Hospital del Mar / CAP Barceloneta – B:SM Hospital del Mar
– Hospital Clínic – BAMSA Clínic
– CAP Vila Olímpica – B:SM Marina Port
– CAP Sardenya – B:SM Marina Gràcia
– CAP Larrard / CUAP Gràcia – B:SM Jardins Menéndez Pelayo -Park Güell
– Hospital de l’Esperança – B:SM Jardins Menéndez Pelayo -Park Güell
– Mutuam Verge de la Salut – B:SM Jardins Menéndez Pelayo -Park Güell
– Hospital Sagrat Cor – BAMSA Londres / Villarroel
– Clínica Plató – B:SM Josep Amat (Mitre / Putxet)
– Hospital de Barcelona – B:SM Flos i Calcat
– Hotel Cotton House (for healthcare purposes) – SABA Urquinaona
– Mutuam Ausiàs March – SABA Lluís Companys
– Mutuam Rei Martí – BAMSA Mercat Hostafrancs
Ten spaces have also been reserved in the B:SM car park in Torrent de l’Olla, for use by workers from the Barcelona Public Health Agency.
Contact with the management of the Hospital de la Vall d’Hebron is ongoing, case they have any additional parking needs at nearby car parks. The number of spaces available is continuously being adapted to meet requirements at any given time.
Parking above ground
Parking spaces above ground have also temporarily been made available to provide service for the Hospital de Sant Pau, the Clínica Plató and the Clínica del Pilar. In all there are 77 places, located at:
– Hospital de Sant Pau – Cartagena, next to Travessera de Gràcia
– Hospital de Sant Pau – Sant Antoni Maria Claret, between Independència and Cartagena
– Clínica Plató – Muntaner, from Copèrnic to Plató
– Clínica del Pilar – Madrazo, from Balmes to Alfons XII
This measure has been implemented by the Councillor’s Office for Mobility, in collaboration with district offices and other municipal agents. A workgroup has been set up to coordinate and provide immediate responses to new mobility needs outlined by management at the city’s hospitals and medical centres, the aim being to facilitate the work of healthcare staff.
Within the context of this workgroup, Barcelona City Council is also collaborating and providing support for initiatives by different collectives in the taxi sector to offer free journeys for healthcare staff.
Mobility and transportMobility and transport
26/03/2020 11:20 h