Longer opening hours and more prevention measures at cemeteries for All Saints’ DayThe city’s nine cemeteries will be open from 8 am to 6 pm on the weekends of 24-25 October and 31 October-1 November. Access will be controlled, and visitors required to follow recommendations to ensure safety and avoid build-ups of people.
Practical information for cemetery visitors
- Visitors are advised to stagger trips to the cemetery over the two weekends (24-25 October and 31 October-1 November) and keep the times of visits to a minimum.
- Offices at the cemeteries will be open from 8 am to 2.30 pm on 24, 25 and 31 October, and from 8 am to 6 pm on 1 November.
- Four cemeteries will have points selling flowers, open from 8 am to 6 pm: Poblenou and Sant Andreu (24 October to 2 November), Montjuïc (24, 25 and 31 October and 1 November) and Les Corts (27 and 28 October, from 8 am to 3 pm, and from 29 October to 1 November).
- No activities open to the public will be held (services, classical music concerts, workshops for children and families, routes or visits to the funeral carriage collection).
Prevention and health measures
- Controlled access to cemeteries to regulate people entering and leaving the site, with the goal of guaranteeing physical distances and avoiding build-ups of people.
- Obligatory use of face masks.
- Safety distances between people must be respected, also when sitting on benches in cemetery grounds.
- Frequent handwashing is recommended.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the cemetery grounds.
- If using stepladders to reach tombs, visitors must wash their hands before and afterwards.
Extra bus services
Extra buses will be laid on to help people get to the Montjuïc and Collserola cemeteries:
To reach Montjuïc Cemetery:
- Bus 21 (Paral·lel – El Prat): extra buses on 25 and 31 October and 1 November.
- Bus 107 (inside the cemetery): extra services from 24 October to 1 November.
- Bus 961 (special shuttle service from Plaça d’Espanya): 1 November.
To reach Collserola Cemetery:
- Bus 991 (Plaça d’Eivissa): special service from 24 October to 1 November.
- Bus 992 (Fabra i Puig): special service from 24 October to 1 November.