Minimum services for the general strike on 8 NovemberGiven the general strike called by some trade unions for Wednesday 8 November, Barcelona City Council and the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families at the Government of Catalonia have set out minimum services for public services such as nurseries, public transport, citizen support etc.
In line with minimum services decreed by the ministry, the various public transport operators in the city will be running at least the following services:
– Rodalies and Regionals de Catalunya trains: 33% of services throughout the day.
– Metro and buses operated by Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB), Tram and FGC train services: 50% of services during rush hour (6.30 am to 9.30 am and 5 pm to 8 pm) and 25% at other times.
– Other urban and inter-urban transport: 50% of regular services.
The ministry has decreed that municipal nursery schools must be staffed by at least a third of personnel.
At primary schools, there will be a minimum of one teacher for every six classrooms.
Minimum services decreed by Barcelona City Council include the following:
– A duty shift of emergency and social emergency services, equivalent to service levels for public holidays.
– One person for each Citizen Help and Information Office (OAC).
– Betevé to guarantee the broadcasting of 50% of news services.
– A total of 101 members of staff on duty for the Fire Prevention, Extinction and Rescue Service and 100% of staff at the communications centre.
– One person per support team for children and teenagers.
– One person per social services centre.
– One person at the registry of the Municipal Tax Office.
– Parks and Gardens, one maintenance and watering team and one for pruning and collecting trees from streets in emergency cases.
– 60% of funeral services.
– Different levels of staff at the cemeteries of Collserola, Les Corts, Montjuïc, Poblenou and Sant Andreu.
– Keepers at the zoo.
– One or two people, according to needs, for each managerial office at the City Council and at municipal institutes.