Christmas magic and solidarity in Plaça de CatalunyaChildren’s shows, family games, entertainment and a host of other activities are on offer in Plaça de Catalunya at the City of Smiles, an exciting world of fantasy where young and old alike can enjoy the festive period. The Responsible Consumption and Social and Solidarity Economy Fair is also being held in the square, offering alternative and sustainable commerce.
City of Smiles
Times for each of the activities taking place from 21 December to 4 January can be found on the website with the Christmas programme.
- 21 December: from 4 pm to 8.30 pm
- 24 and 31 December: from 11 am to 6 pm
- 25 December: no activities
- 26 December and 1 January: from 6 pm to 8.30 pm
The programmed activities are:
- The Memory Boulevard (Minimons company): A childhood journey to awaken all five senses, with a music shop, a toy shop, a perfume shop and a tailor’s shop.
- Sopa de galets (Efímer company): This show features the master of ceremonies for this Christmas, Senyor Hivern (Mr.Winter), accompanied by El Gran Llibre de les Coses Petites (The Big Book of Little Things).
- Theatre. Matito i el gall Antonio (Matito Titelles): Matito is an intrepid character who arrives Plaça de Catalunya for us all to have fun! Accompanied by live music, Matito will have young and old alike laughing.
- La llibreria (Marga Socias): Encouraging young children to read stimulates their imagination, opening up thousands of universes, fantastic journeys and fascinating adventures. In this bookshop area you’ll find unique books, as well as proposals from Marga Socias and her address book.
- La botiga de joguines. Els jocs del gegant (El Pájaro Carpintero company): Musical games and experimentation await young children in this open space, where natural materials and ecological paints take centre stage.
- The Sports Shop (Barcelona Institute of Sports): A circuit for funny rollers and other bicycles, table football, table tennis, basketball hoops, darts and much more.
- El pas del temps (Efímer company): Mr. Winter and the Big Book of Little Things return and are the stars of this family show.
- The Twin Fountains: The Twin Fountains in Plaça de Catalunya are the focus of a light and colour show at 6.30 pm and 7.15 pm on each of the days when the City of Smiles finishes at 8.30 pm.
4th Responsible Consumption and Social and Solidarity Economy Fair
Nearly sixty different organisations, shops and projects from the sphere of responsible and solidarity consumption will be represented from 21 December onwards in Plaça de Catalunya, in a municipal initiative promoting the sustainable and collaborative economy. Gastronomy, books, crafts and textiles are just some of the things offered by the stalls, which open from 11 am to 8.30 pm, except for 24 and 31 December, when they will be closing at 6 pm. The fair is on until 4 January.
Various activities based around responsible consumption are also being organised in a dedicated space, with a marquee hosting debates, musical performances and family workshops.
The same space will be holding ‘Books that matter’, a mass book exchange for anyone wanting to share works they consider special, books they really cherish, so that others can enjoy them. Everyone is welcome to take part, with novels for young children, older children and adults.
21/11/2018 17:40 h