Update to the measures to combat the spread of Covid-19The new measures by the Government of Catalonia to contain the increase in cases of Covid-19 will be in place until 28 January. Restrictions on mobility at night are now lifted but the limit of ten people for social gatherings and the closure of nightlife venues continue.
We’ve reactivated eight vaccination support points around the city, in areas where vaccination levels are lowest:
- Ciutat Vella: Centre Cívic Barceloneta, Centre Cívic Convent de Sant Agustí, Centre Cívic Pati Llimona and CAP Drassanes.
- Sants Montjuïc: Centre Cívic El Sortidor and Espai Química Joves.
- Nou Barris: Casal de Gent Gran Les Roquetes.
- Sant Martí: Casal de Barri Besòs.
The following Covid-19 measures by the Government of Catalonia will be in place from 7 January :
Mobility at night
No restrictions for mobility at night.
- No gatherings of more than ten people, inside or outside.
- People are recommended to restrict gatherings indoors.
- No participation by people with Covid-19 symptoms or who should be self-isolating.
Nightlife and recreation
- Closure of nightlife venues and similar establishments with dance floors and customers standing.
- Concert venues can continue to operate with 70% capacity and the audience seated.
- Indoor capacity limited to 50% in betting establishments, bingo halls and amusement arcades.
- Capacity inside bars and restaurants limited to 50%, and 100% on terraces.
- Groups of no more than ten people in terraces, with tables at least 1.5 metres apart.
- People should keep face masks on at all times when not eating or drinking.
- Covid passports continue to be mandatory inside.
Sports facilities and activities
- Capacity limited to 70% at sports facilities.
- Face masks mandatory indoors.
- Recommendation for group activities to take place outside wherever possible.
- Staggered starts required for outdoor runs, guaranteeing distances, with face masks mandatory when not engaging in sports activity.
- Recommendation to suspend non-professional sports competitions.
- Covid passports remain mandatory for access to gyms.
Capacity at retail establishments and service companies limited to 70%.
- Capacity limited to 70% at cinemas, theatres, community centres, concert venues, auditoriums, circuses with marquees and similar spaces.
- In all cases, audiences must be seated indoors and outdoors alike.
- Good ventilation must be ensured indoors.
Civil ceremonies and religious acts
Capacity limited to 70% in wake rooms, at burials, funerals and other ceremonies.
- Capacity limited to 70% at amusement parks.
- Indoor capacity limited to 50% in leisure spaces.
- No restrictions on educational leisure. Measures established in sectoral plans must be maintained.
- Times are those which correspond to each activity, without operating outside of the hours of 6 am to 10 pm in general.
- For cultural activities, sports, conveniences stores, eateries and gaming venues the opening times permitted are from 6 am to half past midnight.
- Guarantee distances, indoor ventilation and hand hygiene.
- Avoid crowded spaces.
- Avoid travelling at rush hour unless your journey is essential.
- Promote teleworking where possible.
- Adopt a telematic format for congresses and other professional events.
- Adopt a telematic format for classes by academies, driving schools and other non-regulated training centres.
Full information in the DOGC.