Municipal election results 2023The list headed by Xavier Trias received the largest share of the vote, with 22.42%, meaning that Trias per BCN – CM obtained 11 councillors. Trias was followed by the PSC-PC, with 19.79%, Barcelona en Comú, with 19.77%, ERC-AM with 11.22%, PP with 9.21% and Vox, with 5.7%, the latter gaining representation on the City Council for the first time.
According to the Ministry of the Interior, the results from the municipal elections held all around Spain mean the make-up for the next term of office (2023 to 2027) for the Full Barcelona City Council is as follows:
Trias per BCN – CM (Xavier Trias): 11 councillors and 149,235 votes (22.42%)
- PSC-PC (Jaume Collboni): 10 councillors and 131,735 votes (19.79%)
- Barcelona en Comú – C (Ada Colau): 9 councillors and 131,594 votes (19.77%)
- ERC-AM (Ernest Maragall): 5 councillors and 74,720 votes (11.22%)
- PP (Daniel Sirera): 4 councillors and 61,355 votes (9.21%)
- Vox (Gonzalo de Oro-Pulido): 2 councillors and 37,937 votes (5.7%)
The City Council will therefore be formed by six political forces which obtained more than the 5% of the vote needed to gain representation.