Alliance with social developers and cooperatives to build a thousand affordable homesAgreement with the most significant organisations in the social and cooperative housing sector to build a thousand new flats on municipal plots to be redeveloped. Some 60% of the flats will be for rent, with the other 40% for cohousing initiatives.
The goal of the alliance is to create a thousand flats in the next few years, providing housing for around three thousand people. Time frames will be streamlined for the work to be executed faster and to meet affordable housing needs in the current context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Of the 60% of rental flats, a third will be set aside for young people and 5% for people with intellectual disabilities. Homes with leases will includes cohousing initiatives for the elderly and for people with disabilities.
Over the coming months the City Council will grant the use of the first 13 municipal plots and buildings for 419 flats to be built so that organisations can make their project proposals. The sites are:
- Carrer de la Reina Amàlia, 10 (Raval): building renovation for 10 flats, for rental homes or rental cooperatives.
- Passeig de Joan de Borbó Comte de Barcelona, 44-45 (Barceloneta): building renovation for 30 rental flats.
- Carrer de Sant Martí, 12-16 (Raval): plot for a building with 43 flats, for rental homes or rental cooperatives.
- Passeig de l’Exposició, 38 (Poble-sec): plot for a cohousing project for 6 homes.
- Carrer de Mossèn Amadeu Oller, 17-21 (La Bordeta): plot for a cohousing project for 40 homes.
- Carrer de Rossend Arús, 36-38 (Sants): building renovation for 7 cohousing flats.
- Carrer d’Ulldecona, 11X (La Marina del Prat Vermell): plot for a building with 84 rental flats.
Sarrià – Sant Gervasi:
- Via Augusta, 375-381 (Sarrià): plot for 15 cohousing homes for the elderly.
- Via Augusta, 383-387 (Sarrià): plot for 17 cohousing homes for the elderly.
- Via Augusta, 389-393 (Sarrià): plot for 17 cohousing homes for people with disabilities.
- Via Augusta, 421-425 (Sarrià): plot for a building with 30 rental flats.
- Carrer de Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, 11 (Vallcarca i els Penitents): plot for 25 cohousing homes.
- Avinguda de Vallcarca, 110 (Vallcarca i els Penitents): plot for a building with 37 rental flats.
- Carrer de Pere IV, 115 (El Parc i la Llacuna del Poblenou): plot for 23 cohousing homes.
- Carrer de Binèfar, 26 (La Verneda i la Pau): plot for a building with 47 homes for rent or for rental cooperatives.
Promotion of protected rents and the cooperative sector
The alliance was signed with the most significant social and cooperative housing management organisations in this sector: the Associació de Gestors d’Habitatge Social (GHS), the Xarxa d’Economia Social i Solidària (XES), the Federació de Cooperatives d’Habitatge and the Coordinadora de Fundacions d’Habitatge Social.
Cooperative housing projects and protected rental housing projects will all be assessed by the City Council and must satisfy the following criteria:
- Speed and industrialisation in procedures and the construction or renovation of housing.
- Technical and economic capacity to guarantee the execution of work.
- Protected rental prices and leaseholds.
- Avoidance of projects all being concentrated between a few developers.
- Climate emergency criteria.
- Fostering of community ties.
Tags associated with the news item
19/10/2020 16:49 h
08/10/2020 16:37 h
08/09/2020 16:57 h