First face-to-face mission to reactivate quality tourismBarcelona Turisme will head a mission to Russia in mid-April to attract quality tourism and help speed up the reactivation of the sector. Barcelona is the first destination in the Spanish state to engage in a promotional initiative with representatives attending in person since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to studies and research data, Russia will be the first market to travel. Considering the visitor profile for the country is one of a visitor with spending power and the per capita income of Russia is set to rise in the coming months, the delegation will travel to Moscow and St. Petersburg for different meetings with agents specialising in premium tourism such as events and conventions for large corporations, to promote Barcelona as a destination for meetings for Russian businesspeople and bodies.
The main goals of the Barcelona Turisme mission are to:
- Explain the situation on safety, with adaptation to and compliance with all the safety measures and protocols established in the city of Barcelona.
- Present the latest that Barcelona can offer to cater for the Russian market.
- Take the lead in organising promotional initiatives on a face-to-face level, following all safety measures and protocols.
- Promote new content for agents to get ready for the summer season.
- Attract quality visitors, respectful towards the destination, with an interest in the culture, gastronomy and surrounding areas in Barcelona.