More subsidies to boost the social and solidarity economyThe new subsidy call for the social and solidarity economy (SSE) for 2021 has a bigger budget, with 1.2 million euros available. The goal is to strengthen the sector with subsidies for creation, consolidation and training. This year’s call also has a particular focus on digitalisation and intercooperation, providing a boost for cooperative ecosystems and SSE clusters.
The subsidies can cover up to 80% of the overall cost of each project, up to a maximum of 40,000 euros for cooperative projects between organisations and 4,000 euros for training projects.
The structure for subsidies is based on:
- Creation of new cooperatives and the transformation of other pre-existing legal forms for cooperatives.
- Consolidation of businesses and scaling of SSE initiatives to strengthen their economic feasibility.
- Training: innovation and training to improve the management and opening of new lines of business, to help SSE businesses go digital etc.
- Intercooperation at secondary level and higher: projects promoted by SSE organisations or ethical finance at a secondary level or higher (bringing together a group of entities), which help with the rollout of the strategy BCN ESS 2030 and are aimed at member entities.
- Creation, development and strengthening of cooperative ecosystems and SSE clusters.
Applications can be made up until 5 May, via the website.
‘Impulsem el que fas’
In parallel to the subsidy programme ‘Enfortim l’economia social i solidària’, the programme ‘Impulsem el que fas’ makes a further 400,000 euros available for SSE projects and socio-economic innovation, representing a 60% increase compared to the last edition.