Fewer buses in Ronda de la UniversitatAgreement between the Government of Catalonia and the AMB to rearrange the bus-stops for interurban bus services with routes originating in the city centre. Eleven of the fifteen lines which circulate along Ronda de la Universitat and five other points will be shifted to bus stations or areas where they have less of an impact for local people. The goal is to enhance service and reduce pollution, noise and build-ups of passengers on the pavements.
At present, 400 interurban buses park in Ronda de la Universitat every day, providing service to 8,000 users.
The buses take up two lanes of traffic and the pavements act as waiting areas for passengers.
The reorganisation of these bus-stops will enable the presence of buses in the street to be cut by 60%.
Which bus services will be relocated?
Services to be transferred from Ronda de la Universitat:
- One line operating the route Lleida-Berga-Puigcerdà.
- Three lines operating the route Olesa-Manresa.
- One line operating the route Castelldefels-Port Ginesta.
- Three non-express lines to the Maresme area-
- Three lines to the Garraf area.
From other city centre locations:
- Two lines operating the route Olot-Camprodon.
- One line for Tortosa, Amposta and Batea.
- One line for Salou, Reus, Cambrils and Tarragona.
- One line for Vic.
Where will the stops be located?
The bus stops will be shifted from Ronda de la Universitat to bus stations or areas where they have less of an impact for local people.
Some 85% are currently located around the city, while the Sants, Fabra i Puig and Nord bus station are operating below their capacity.
The changes will start being applied in the first quarter of 2021.
Towards an efficient bus service
- Improvements to the Sant Andreu Arenal and Nord bus stations.
- New bus lane in Av. Esplugues.
- New bus lane sections in Gran Via.
- Widening of bus lanes in Av. Diagonal.
These measures are in addition to work promoting mobility on foot, on public transport and by bike, to move towards a safer, healthier, friendlier and more sustainable city.