Parking for professional vehicles adapted to meet city needsThe agreement to meet the parking needs of professionals in the city has been extended. The Barcelona Provincial Furniture Sales Guild and the Barcelona and Counties Works and Construction Guild have both signed up to the agreement signed in May with the Board for the Guilds of Commerce, Services and Tourism. The deal extends the maximum parking times permitted for loading and unloading, as well as offering discounts and special rates for parking in public spaces and in the BSM network of car parks.
How long can vehicles belonging to members of the guild park?
The maximum parking time has been extended from the current 30 minutes to 2 hours between 8 am and 10 am, and between 2 pm and 8 pm.
Members can also get special permission up to six times a month to be able to park for a maximum of six hours between 2 pm and 8 pm.
Professional card: more advantages
Drivers in possession of the professional card can use it to pre-pay for green zone spaces in the city which are not exclusively for local residents, with pricing reduced from 2,75 euros per hour to 2,50 euros per hour.
The following measures apply in the network of BSM-managed car parks:
- Discounts of 25% for per-minute parking rates.
- Vouchers for time slots with discounts of up to 50%.
- Cards with pre-paid hours, with a 10% discount on the price of parking.
- Daytime parking subscription with discounts of 10%.
Parking solutions for the urban distribution of goods (DUM areas)
There are 9,575 regulated parking spaces for loading/unloading in Barcelona. These allow for:
- Increased turnover of parked vehicles and availability of spaces.
- Times adapted to meet the real needs of different professionals.
- More disciplined parking.
- Advanced and flexible mobility, making for more sustainable public space with a better balance of usage by private individuals and professionals with vehicles.