Energy Advice Point inquiries increase by 10% during the health crisisThe first six months of 2020 saw energy advice points (EAPs), a pioneering service safeguarding utility supplies to all households, attend to 17,641 people, 10% more than in the previous year. During the state of emergency, over 8,000 people were attended to by telephone or email. 70% of inquiries were about optimising utility bills, changing the electricity wattage hired or processing rate reductions. 20% of assistance services were provided in the Nou Barris district
As regards utility supply cuts, the data are positive. The State’s ban on utility cuts during the health crisis has led to a reduction in the number of halted cuts to 7,989. A figure that is still high if we bear in mind that Act 24/2015 now guarantees electricity, water and gas supplies to vulnerable households in Catalonia, which supplier companies are not allowed to leave without utilities.
User profiles vary
The period from January to June 2020 saw a rise in number of inquiries from people with reduced mobility (71%), people renting their dwellings (9%) and unemployed people (29%). At the same time, nearly half the number of inquiries at energy advice point inquiries (47%) were made by people with minors in their care.
A consolidated service
The eleven energy advice points first came into service in 2017. Since there, there have been:
- 88,429 people have been attended to
- 65,054 utility cuts have been halted
- 316,444 euros have been sabe by optimising utility bills
- 100 people in long-term unemployment have been hired
How can you contact an EAP during the COVID-19 pandemic?
You can contact energy advice points by telephone, on 930 008 054, Mondays to Fridays, from 9 am to 2 pm.
In which cases can they give you support?
- If you’ve received a default payment notice or your utilities have been cut.
- If you wish to process rate reductions or an exemption from sewerage rates.
- If you wish to improve your energy consumption or optimise your utility bills.
- If you’ve got a self-consumption or renewable-energy project.
Environment and sustainabilityEnvironment and sustainability
03/10/2019 10:14 h
02/10/2019 10:40 h