Barcelona keeps on the move at home: sport during the confinement periodGiven the confinement period due to Covid-19, people are advised to do sport at home to help maintain their physical and psychological health and improve the family atmosphere. The Barcelona Institute of Sports has started a campaign with a combination of seven different actions to help people do sport at home.
The campaign to promote sport at home is structured as follows:
- Decim Barcelona: promotion of initiatives via the new website ‘Barcelona des de casa’.
- Betevé: various miniprogrammes of directed exercise sessions to be broadcast, aimed at all types of users.
- Barcelona Sports Film Festival: creation of a new category, ‘Sport&Stay Home’, for short films of between 7 and 10 minutes about adapting sport to home confinement.
- Video competition: each person or family to show how they’re doing sport at home (maximum video length 30 seconds).
- Major sports challenge: citizens all invited to take part in a fitness session from their balconies on 12 April, at noon.
- Barcelona Sports Office: offers support, advice and training for activities and projects by Barcelona-based sports entities.
- Care for carers: various sports initiatives to help health professionals to relax, disconnect and look after themselves.
Full information on the Barcelona Institute of Sports website.