Three new restaurants confirmed for the gastronomy deck at the Olympic PortBSM has awarded projects for three new culinary initiatives for the restaurant deck at the Olympic Port, sticking to the model for attractive eateries for different types of people and based on quality, diversity and a commitment to healthy and sustainable food.
The three new projects come in addition to the seven already awarded at the end of 2022. The full range of restaurants will be:
- World Cuisine – Innovation: El Tribut (newly awarded)
- Flexitarian Cuisine: Super Local (newly awarded)
- Cantina: Casa Carmen (newly awarded)
- World Cuisine – Innovation: Grup Sagardi
- World Cuisine – Innovation: Pantea Group
- Blue Gastronomy: El Cangrejo Loco
- Catalan Cuisine: La Fonda del Port Olímpic
- Mediterranean Cuisine: La Barca del Salamanca
- Sea Cuisine: La Taberna Gallega de Marcos
- Aperitifs: Platets
The full line-up of gastronomy options at the new Olympic Port will be completed early in 2024, once the final restaurant and three gastronomy shops are awarded. The ‘Balcó Gastronomic’ restaurant deck is intended as a unique dining place on the Barcelona coast which includes all types of culinary options, from innovative fusion to market cuisine and Mediterranean food.
Ready for the summer of 2024
The second stage of work on the restaurant deck is set to start in July, once the demolition of the former structures at the Moll de Gregal wharf is completed. The new area will occupy an overall space of 24,000 square metres, 8,000 of which will be for restaurants.
The construction of the restaurant deck will be completed at the end of the summer in 2024, coinciding with the start of the America’s Cup, with the Olympic Port to be used for the women’s and juniors’ competitions.