The chestnut fest is here!The smell of roasted chestnuts and sweet potatoes is in the air across the city, with over thirty stalls selling them around the ten districts. The chestnut fest also offers various activities in Barcelona, with something for all tastes and ages. Find the best option for you!
Do you like chestnuts, panellets, sweet potatoes and tradition? Here are some ideas to enjoy this festive occasion in Barcelona:
- Centre Cívic Font de la Guatlla: afternoon snack with a magic show on Thursday 31, at 6 pm.
- Centre Cívic Sagrada Família: ‘La nit de les ànimes’ (All Souls’ Night). Different activities for families with children up to the age of 12 on Wednesday 30, from 5.30 pm.
- Centre de Cultura Popular La Violeta: workshops for young children and panellets for everyone on Thursday 31, from 5.30 pm.
- Casal de Barri Congrés-Indians: lunchbox supper with a talent show and dance on Wednesday 30, at 7.30 pm.
- Centre Cívic L’Elèctric: senior citizens in Les Planes celebrate with chestnuts and sweet potatoes on Wednesday 30, at 5 pm.
If Halloween is more your thing, you can also find various activities to give you a scare, such as:
- Centre Cívic Casa Groga: hall of horror by the name of ‘Festa de graduació’ and stories for children up to the age of 6 on Thursday 31, at 5.30 pm.
- Centre Cívic Torre Llobeta: escape room ‘La caiguda de la casa d’Usher’ (The Fall of the House of Usher), by Edgar Allan Poe, on Thursday 31, at 6 pm.
- Centre Cívic Parc Sandaru: music, magic, dance and games with the show El castell embruixat on Thursday 31, at 5.30 pm.
There are all sorts of activities over the next few days for All Saints’ Day, the chestnut fest and Halloween. Check them out here!
Check out the chestnut fest website too.
Where to buy chestnuts and sweet potatoes?
Full information on chestnut stalls can be found here.