Traffic will be affected this weekend due to road surface repairsThis weekend Barcelona City Council will begin a series of interventions to repair the road surfaces damaged in October when demonstrations to protest against the sentences in the trial of Catalan political leaders were followed disturbances and other incidents. These interventions will affect the Ciutat Vella and Eixample districts will last from this Saturday to the end of the year.
The street surface improvements will continue gradually on different working days until the end of the year. Most of the work will be carried out during the day in central parts of the city, so it will have a big impact on mobility. The city police (GUB) will be responsible for the corresponding diversions in order to keep them to a minimum while ensuring people can continue their journeys.
Streets affected on 30 November, and 1 and 2 December
Saturday, 30 November
- Via Laietana, from 8 am to 10 am: uphill side totally closed for repair work from Passeig de Colom to C/ Jonqueres.
- Via Laietana, from 9 am to 1 pm: downhill side totally closed from Plaça d’Urquinaona.
- Plaça d’Urquinaona, from 12 pm to 2 pm: bus lane closed.
- C/ Aribau-Gran Via, from 3 pm to 6 pm: C/Aribau closed, preventing turn from Gran Via.
- C/ Diputació, from 5 pm to 8 pm: closed between C/ Balmes and C/ Aribau.
- C/ Pelai, 8 am to 1 pm:
- Ronda Universitat – Plaça de Catalunya, from 2 pm to 5 pm: closed between Passeig de Gràcia and Rambla de Catalunya.
- Plaça de Catalunya, from 3 pm to 6 pm: closed between C/ Pelai and Ronda de la Universitat.
- Ronda de la Universitat, from 5 pm to 8 pm: closed between C/ Balmes and Plaça de la Universitat.
Sunday, 1 December
- C/ Aragó, between C/ Pau Claris and C/ Enric Granados. Two lanes will be kept open for traffic.
Monday, 2 December
- Passeig de Gràcia: totally closed between Gran Via and C/ Aragó, from 8 am to 12 pm.
- Passeig de Gràcia: totally closed between C/ Aragó and C/ Mallorca from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Passeig de Gràcia: totally closed between C/ Provença and Avinguda de la Diagonal, from 1 pm to 8 pm.
So far some 3,000 square metres of paving affected has been restored out of an approximate total of 7,000 square metres. The resurfacing work will continue till the end of the year.