Weekend: Barcelona Dibuixa, a celebration of diversity and festivals for all tastesIf you haven’t made any plans for the weekend yet, here are some ideas for enjoying culture, the performing arts and music: a new edition of the Barcelona Dibuixa drawing festival at more than thirty locations, a recreational day with a message to it at the BCN Diverse City gathering and a clutch of festivals for all tastes.
BCN Diverse City
A new edition of BCN Diverse City, a festive event which also stands up for diversity! This is a day for displaying, sharing and enjoying diversity. On this occasion the gathering invites people to reflect on migrants and ageing. Music, theatre, exhibitions and workshops aimed at people of all ages, organised at different spaces around Passeig de Lluís Companys from 11 am to 7 pm.
Over thirty places around the city will be transformed into drawing workshops for artists of all ages with a new edition of Barcelona Dibuixa. With 46 organisations and artists, participants will be able to let their imagination fly with nearly fifty free workshops. El Born CCM, the Fabra i Coats, the Museu del Disseny and the Casal de Barri Besòs are some of the venues taking part in this festival of art.
Festivals for all
The weekend brings festivals for all tastes, based around jazz, film and dance, contemporary creation and much more:
- Say it Loud: the young UK rapper Little Simz, the Jamaican music star Johnny Osbourne and the Colombian outfit Combo Chimbita are some of the protagonists for this festival, which goes on until Saturday 26 October and combines music with other activities such as talks, exhibitions, workshops and projections.
- Escena Poblenou: twelve shows to enjoy contemporary creation with the eighteenth edition of the festival, which is on in different places from 16 to 20 October. Other activities relating to children’s rights are planned for families, as well as dialogues to give visibility to women creators and feminist thinking.
- Choreoscope – International Dance Film Festival: dance and film lovers won’t want to miss this film festival, which is being held at the Cinema Maldà, the Filmoteca and the Centre Cívic Fort Pienc from 15 to 20 October.
- Munt de Mots – Barcelona Oral Narration Festival: twelve days and fifty activities to enjoy the fantasy of tales told by storytellers from near and afar. This is a chance to hear narrations at thirty different places, such as community centres, libraries and other centres. The programme features shows for children and adults, with workshops, talks and storytelling in hospitals.
- Barcelona International Jazz Festival: a global event for this genre, the Barcelona festival offers a programme packed with consolidated artists and new voices: Andrea Motis, Chicuelo and Marco Mezquida and Herbie Hancock are just some of the figures performing at the festival, which goes on until 20 November.
More information on all events and activities can be found on the weekend website.