The pre-registration period for the city’s municipal nursery schools is now under way for the next school year, with a total of 4,503 places available at the 103 centres making up the municipal network. Applications can be made until 19 May and must be submitted online. Applications can only be made at nursery schools in exceptional circumstances, and with an appointment.
The network of municipal nursery schools (EBM) has a capacity for 8,553 infants. The pre-registration period now open for new pupils offers 4,503 places.
The pre-registration and enrolment calendar for the next school year is as follows:
- Publication of places available: 5 May.
- Application period: from 6 to 19 May 2021 (inclusive).
- List of pre-registrations for each centre published: 27 May 2021.
- Appeal period: from 28 May to 3 June 2021.
- Draw for cut-off number: 4 June 2021.
- List of pre-registrations with final scores published at each centre: 7 June 2021.
- List of infants with places, and where applicable, waiting lists: 26 June 2021.
- Enrolment period: from 17 to 23 June 2021.
The new school year will get under way with a new nursery school in the city, the EBM Els Gats, in C/ Roger in the Sants-Badal neighbourhood in Sants-Montjuïc. The centre will have seven groups, offering 104 places in all, as well as a municipal family and upbringing service.
Besides the growth of the municipal network, two groups will be offered at different times of day at the EBM Caspolino, in Gràcia, each of 15 infants from 1 to 3 years old. The same system will be available at the EBM Germanetes, in L’Eixample, meaning two centres will be offering the option of groups for mornings only (9 am to 1 pm) or afternoons only (3 pm to 7 pm).
As part of the Neighbourhood Plan, municipal social workers will be joining the teams at ten nursery schools to boost the social function of education services for early childhood and compensate for the inequalities some infants face when growing up.