Barcelona City Council’s UGD Office
A UGD office has been set up as part of the UGD 2023-2030 Strategy. This is the municipal body responsible for putting the UGD Strategy into operation.
Its functions include:
- Promoting the rollout of the UGD 2023-2030 Strategy, evaluating it in accordance with the established indicators and defining the projects proposed within it.
- Advising and coordinating the actions proposed in the UGD Strategy that are developed by other agents.
- Calling and coordinating meetings of working groups to monitor implementation of the UGD Strategy and the promotion of projects.
- Help the different agents involved in urban logistics in Barcelona to resolve any operational queries they may have in relation to freight distribution in the city.
- Collect any requests and proposals received and provide advice on carrying out different procedures. In these cases, the UGD office will be responsible for consulting the relevant department within the City Council and then responding to the person who made the request or query directly.
- Pushing forward with regulations and projects that promote a more efficient, sustainable and safe UGD.