“Towards a playable city for everyone” is coming to the Biblioteca Sant Gervasi - Joan Maragall
The Biblioteca Sant Gervasi-Joan Maragall, in Sarrià - the Sant Gervasi district, is holding an exhibition, as of this week, entitled "Towards a playable city for everyone", which explains what the city has been doing to include games in the city while making them accessible to everyone.
Created in collaboration with the Catalan Architects’ Association (COAC) and the Municipal Institute for Children and Teenagers and backed by the Municipal Institute for People with Disabilities, the exhibition premiered this October at the COAC itself. The exhibition was installed in Ca l’Alier (Sant Martí district) during the last few weeks and is now coming to the Biblioteca Sant Gervasi – Joan Maragall (C/ Sant Gervasi de Cassoles, 85), where it will remain from 13 December to 21 January 2023.
Boasting several playable elements, the exhibition is divided into four parts: an account of the advances being made towards a playable city; the City Council’s model and strategy for creating play areas for everyone; the accessibility criteria that need to be followed when doing them and the results of the competition launched a few months ago for ten totally accessible play areas.
- Venue: Exhibitions room at the Biblioteca Sant Gervasi – Joan Maragall (C/ Sant Gervasi de Cassoles, 85, 1st floor)
- Date: from 13 December 2022 to 21 January 2023
- Opening times: the same as the library’s:
– Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays: from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm and from 3.30 pm to 8.30 pm
– Tuesdays and Thursdays: from 9.30 am to 8.30 pm
– Saturdays: from 10 am to 2 pm