ESTIMATED PUBLIC WORKS CALENDAR
From June 2022 to November 2023.
C/ Pi i Margall will be transformed into a green corridor where plants prevail and which prioritises pedestrians, bicycles and public transport. Not only that, it will become a new green corridor connecting Parc de la Ciutadella with the Collserola range.
One of the notable aspects of the remodelling is the elimination of asphalt and reduction of space allocated to traffic. In fact, 70% of the whole area will be for pedestrians and greenery, resting areas will be created and pavements widened, to 12 metres at some points.
As for mobility, priority will be given to local vehicle and bus travel, with speeds limited to 30 km/hr. There will be an uphill lane for buses and local traffic, as well as a new segregated bike lane, and a shared downhill lane for buses, local traffic and bicycles.
DISRUPTIONS DURING THE PUBLIC WORKS (August 2022)
During the month of August, two work zones are to be established:
- From Rda. Guinardó to C/ Pau Alsina, approximately, work will be carried out on the pavement on the Besòs side and on part of the carriageway.
- From C/ Sant Lluís, approximately, up to C/ Escorial, work will be carried out on the pavement on the Llobregat side and part of the carriageway.
PEDESTRIANS. The pavements of C/ Pi i Margall, between Rda. Protected, signposted pedestrian crossings have been set up on Guinardó and C/ Pau Alsina on the Besòs side, and between C/ Sant Lluís and C/ Escorial on the Llobregat side. None of the other pavements are affected.
BUS. The changes to bus stops along c. Pi i Margall will remain in place:
- Towards the sea: the stop on C/ Escorial at the junction with C/ Ramon i Cajal (1), lines V19 and N6.
- Towards the mountain: the stop on Escorial and Pl. Joanic (2), line V19.
VEHICLES. Vehicle traffic will be affected in the following locations:
- Towards the mountain: traffic will be diverted through Carrer l’Escorial and Carrer Sant Lluís up to the intersection with Carrer de Pi i Margall.
- Towards the sea: vehicle traffic will be restricted to a single lane.
- The junctions on Carrer de Pi i Margall with C/ de Ca l’Alegre de Dalt (3), Hipòlit Làzaro (4) and Joaquim Ruyra (5) are closed.
LOADING AND UNLOADING. The current loading and unloading zones will remain in place.