Pre-enrolment period for the 2023-204 school year at municipal nurseries now openThe pre-enrolment period for the 2023-2024 school year at the city’s municipal nursery schools is now open, with a total of 8,891 places at the 105 centres in the municipal network. Applications can be submitted up to 17 May and should be made online using the procedures website.
There are 4.766 places available for new students born in 2021, 2022 or 2023, with 488 of these reserved for infants with special education needs.
The coming school year will see two new schools come into service: EBM Can Rosés, in the district of Les Corts, and EBM Teixonera, in the district of Horta-Guinardó. Two schools will also be moved, extended and get a new name: EBM Pere Calafell (currently EBM Esquitx) in the district of Sant Martí, and EBM Torre del Rellotge (currently EBM TRinitat Nova) in the district of Nou Barris.
The pre-enrolment and enrolment calendar for the next school year is:
- Publication of places available: Wednesday 3 May
- Period for submitting applications: from 4 to 17 May inclusive
- Publication of provisional list of pre-enrolment requests: Wednesday 14 May
- Period for appeals: from 25 to 31 may inclusive
- Draw for sequential cut-off number: Friday 2 June, at 11.30 am in the function room at the Barcelona Municipal Institution for Education (IMEB) (Plaça d’Espanya, 5).
- Publication of the definitive list of pre-enrolment applications: Tuesday 6 June
- Publication of the list of infants awarded places and waiting list if applicable: Wednesday 14 June
- Enrolment period: from 15 to 21 June inclusive. In this case, the management at each nursery school will call families directly to give them an appointment.
Families who need assistance with the online pre-enrolment procedure can submit applications in person at their first-choice nursery school by booking an appointment by phone or by email.