Establishments in Gràcia to provide information on male violence towards womenA network of purple establishments has been set up in the district of Gràcia to raise awareness and provide people with information about possible sexual harassment, helping to improve support for anybody suffering male violence. The pilot project will run until the end of the year and gets under way with eight shops and businesses in different neighbourhoods. An assessment will follow in January, with work planned to include new establishments in the district.
The first establishments to participate in the initiative are:
- Vila de Gràcia
- Fan Club: Carrer de Puigmartí 37
- La Mama Vaca: Rambla del Prat 25
- Casa Anita: Carrer Vic, 14
- El Coll
- Perruqueria Sonia: Carrer de Beat Almató 46
- Camp del Grassot i Gràcia Nova
- Matiks: Passatge Nogués 7
- Taller Galeria d’Art: Travessera de Gràcia, 315
- Vallcarca i els Penitents
- Paperería Alaska: Avinguda de Vallcarca, 50
- La Salut
- Matilda llibreria, Av. de la Mare de Déu de Montserrat, 10
Staff at these shops and businesses have received 4 hours of training by professionals from the Association for Sexual and Reproductive Rights, which will enable them to provide women who use their establishment with information about male violence towards women, including information on safety habits and psychological or legal support.
Establishments will have identification stickers to promote the project, along with some information leaflets from municipal services to combat gender violence.