Twelve schools to get involved in transforming their playgrounds this yearThe education communities in twelve city schools will be transforming their playgrounds this year as part of a design revamp. The procedure will involve students, staff and teachers and families in a process channelled through the platform Decidim.barcelona.
The goals of the “Transforming playgrounds” programme, which a total of 71 schools have taken part in, are to:
- Improve space for recreation and play to create more natural environments.
- Foster equal and dynamic relationships, facilitating more diverse games.
- Promote community uses as a neighbourhood facility.
The twelve schools transforming their playgrounds this year are:
- Sants-Montjuïc: Escola and Institut Lluís Vives
- L’Eixample: IE Sicília and Escola Tabor
- Gràcia: Escola Josep Maria Jujol and Escola and Institut La Sedeta
- Horta-Guinardó: IE Coves d’en Cimany and Escola Estel Guinardó
- Nou Barris: Escola Timbaler del Bruc, IE Trinitat Nova and IE Turó de Roquetes
- Sant Andreu: IE El Til·ler
- Sant Martí: Escola Bac de Roda and Escola Joaquim Ruyra
In all, seventeen schools started the current academic year with new playgrounds after the transformation process carried out last year. Work continues to make all school playgrounds into co-educational and green community spaces by 2030.