42 Award for the Best Original Work in Catalan 2022
Fòrvid, by Elena Bartomeu (Males Herbes)
- It approaches the horror genre in a different way.
- The writing appeals to those who are different in an intelligent and original way.
- The sound element becomes a central feature of the plot.
- Its ability to create oppressive atmospheres using elements from the natural environment.
Two positive appraisals:
- Fòrvid offers a very Catalan contribution to the haunted-house literary tradition.
- Fòrvid represents a powerful debut and has considerable personality in Catalan fantasy.