Agreement to consolidate the 22@ and adapt it to meet new needsAn agreement has been reached with ERC to consolidate the urban transformation and economic potential of the 22@ area, adapting it to meet new needs. The new roadmap will allow for the roll-out of the agreement signed with stakeholders and local residents to promote new housing, business activity, the revaluation of heritage and urban renewal.
The update to the urban plan for the 22@ will recondition 1,000,000 square metres in this area.
Housing as a priority
- Reserved land will be doubled, the number of new homes planned rising from the current 5,200 to 9,600, balancing out usage.
- The value of traditional buildings will be elevated with more homes to be protected, the current prevision of 3,300 rising to 4,500.
Enterprise and innovation
- 60,000 jobs are to be created with more streamlined procedures to activate the 980,000 square metres for economic activities still to be developed.
- Backing will be given to the green and circular economy, technology 4.0 and the maker community.
Heritage and surroundings
- The regeneration of the urban landscape, housing and existing activities will be consolidated, revaluated and helped flourish.
- Backing will be given to new plans to renovate spaces which are obsolete or run down.
The urban plan will adopt the new roadmap for the 22@ area, to be defined by a working group and presented to the Full Council meeting of July and voted on in September.
The participatory process to re-think the 22@ will be maintained and monitored, ensuring maximum consensus with local people and the stakeholders involved.
26/05/2018 15:45 h
Urban planning and infrastructuresUrban planning and infrastructures
30/09/2020 16:03 h