Beaches open until 11 pm for people to go walking and do sportAs from today, the city’s beaches will be open from 8 pm to 11 pm for people between the ages of 14 and 69 to go walking or do sport there. The extension to the opening hours should absorb part of the volume of people making use of the beach early in the morning. Users should respect the different times and uses established, with sunbathing and recreational bathing still not permitted. Beach bars can also now open, with up to a maximum of 30 tables per establishment, adapting space with wooden walkways and decking to ensure safety distances. Bars at the beaches will get refunds of 100% of their municipal taxes for the days they’ve been unable to open, and a 75% reduction in taxes for the season. Parks and green points in the city are also extending their opening hours during this stage of the lockdown exit.
Times and uses for the beaches are as follows:
- From 6 am to 10 am and from 8 pm to 11 pm: walking and sports activities for people between the ages of 14 and 69. Sport can be done in groups of up to ten people, on the sand and in the water. Outdoor sports areas remain closed.
- From 10 am to 12 noon and from 7 pm to 8 pm: walking for people over 70 who live within a 1 km radius.
- From 12 noon to 7 pm: walking for children, accompanied by adults, who live within a 1 km radius. Children’s play areas are still closed and their use is not permitted.
Work is also under way to move sand and condition the beaches. The first areas to be worked on are at the Mar Bella beach, where the dune bank damaged by Storm Gloria needs to be protected, and the Llevant beach, ready for the dog beach to be opened when sanitary conditions allow for this.
The city’s parks have also extended their opening times. As from today, 22 parks are opening at 8 am instead of 10 am. In addition, in line with the regulations for stage one, groups of up to ten people can gather in parks providing they wear face masks and respect the two-metre safety distance.
Cleaning and waste collection services 100% operational
The green points are now also open in the afternoons, adapting their hours for cleaning and conditioning purposes:
- Neighbourhood green points: Monday to Saturday, 9 am to 2 pm and 4.30 pm to 7 pm.
- Area green points: Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 6 pm, and weekends, 9.15 am to 12.45 pm.
- Mobile green points: Monday to Saturday, 8.30 am to 2 pm and 4.30 pm to 7.15 pm.
All green point users at neighbourhood and mobile facilities must go on their own, maintain safety distances and use a face mask. Face masks must also be worn and safety distances respected at area green points too, with capacity limited to five people.
The increase in the use of public streets and activities permitted with stage one also means all municipal cleaning services are operating at their usual capacity and frequency.
Specific services implemented within the context of the health emergency for Covid-19 will remain operative: disinfection of sensitive environments such as markets, supermarkets, hospitals, medical centres, pharmacies and waste containers.