Cleaning of public space stepped up as people return to the streetsWe’re adapting cleaning services to the lockdown exit process so that everyone can take a walk and get about in public space in decent conditions. The number of cleaning teams has been increased, green points are open again and specific services activated to tackle the Covid-19 crisis are being maintained.
An extra 150 cleaning teams, between them accounting for a thousand workers, are re-joining the city’s street-cleaning services.
The boost means 70% of the city’s entire cleaning operation is now functioning. Cleaning services had been reduced to guarantee the prevention measures.
What activities are being ramped up with the extra cleaning service?
- Removal of leaves and clumps of pollen from trees.
- Sweeping of pavements.
- Watering down.
- Cleaning in parks and at beaches.
- Cleaning of bike lanes.
- Extra cleaning of containers.
- Extra emptying of litter bins.
Green points re-open
- Area green points, located on the outskirts of the city, are open from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 2 pm, and at weekends, from 9.15 am to 12.45 pm.
- Neighbourhood green points are open from Monday to Saturday, from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Mobile units are open from Monday to Saturday, from 9 am to 2 pm (only stops which operated services during the mornings are resuming).
The furniture collection service is still suspended.
Cleaning of more sensitive areas
Services specifically activated for Covid-19 will be maintained in the coming days and include the following:
- Cleaning of more sensitive areas, such as hospitals, supermarkets and pharmacies.
- Disinfection of waste containers.
- Waste collection from communal residences and medical centres.