International Archives Week returnsUNESCO created the International Council on Archives (ICA) on 9 June, 1948. Since 2007, archives from all over the world have marked the occasion with a week of activities. The Municipal Archive of Barcelona joins the celebrations with talks, open days, guided tours, routes and exhibitions.
Activities for International Archives Week 2023 in the city will be held at the Historical Archive of Barcelona, the Municipal Contemporary Archive, the Photographic Archive, the Municipal Archive of the District of Sarrià – Sant Gervasi and the Fundació Julio Muñoz Ramonet.
- Author’s route: “Landscape is memory. Architectural heritage and documentation”, 6 June, at 6 pm.
- Guided tour: “The Municipal Archive of Sarrià – Sant Gervasi. What goes on inside?”, 7 June, 11 am.
- Talk: “Barcelona. Illustrious visitors. From Tibidabo to the Ritz, including the Terrassa Martini”, 7 June, at 7 pm.
- Open day at the AHCB, 8 June, from 10 am to 8 pm.
- Exhibition inauguration “From pictorialism to modernity. Centenary of the Agrupació Fotogràfica de Catalunya”, 8 June, at 6.30 pm.
- Guided route around L’Eixample: “Iconic buildings in Dreta de L’Eixample”, 9 June, at 11 am.
- Guided route around Ciutat Vella: “From Portal de Sant Antoni to the Hospital de la Santa Creu”, 9 June, at 6 pm.
See full details on the programme for International Archives Week.