L1 metro line to be renewed between Clot and Fondo this summerMetro services on line one (red line) will be suspended between the stations of Clot and Fondo from 29 June to 30 August to enable a 9 km section to be renewed. The works involve an investment of 20 million euros and during the weeks out of service a free shuttle bus services will be running, with two lines connecting Clot and Fabra i Puig, and Onze de Setembere and Fondo, respectively.
Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB) will be modernising the section in the biggest renovation project ever carried out on the network. The work consists of completely new tracks, infrastructure, signalling and signage along a section which is over fifty years old.
Nine stations will be closed to enable the work to be carried out on the L1 metro service between 29 June and 30 August: Clot (only trains in the direction of Fondo), Navas, La Sagrera, Fabra i Puig, Sant Andreu, Torras i Bages, Trinitat Vella, Baró de Viver, Santa Coloma and Fondo.
Alternative bus service
During the disruption to services a free shuttle bus service will be laid on, with two lines running thirteen articulated buses each and covering the L1 metro route.
- Shuttle bus Clot – Fabra i Puig: stopping at the stations of Clot, Navas, La Sagrera and Fabra i Puig, passing at intervals of between 3 and 8 minutes on working days, and 3 and 10 minutes on Saturdays and non-working days.
- Shuttle bus Onze de Setembre – Fondo: stopping at the stations Onze de Setembre, Sant Andreu, Torras i Bages, Trinitat Vella, Baró de Viver, Santa Coloma and Fondo, passing at intervals of between 5 and 12 minutes on working days and between 6 and 15 minutes on Saturdays and non-working days.
Getting around with other transport
- Metro: Line 5 allows users to get to La Sagrera and the L9 Nord service connects with the station of Fondo.
- Rodalies local trains: Lines R3 and R4 connect the centre of the city (Plaça Catalunya and Arc de Triomf) with the stations of La Sagrera – Meridiana, Sant Andreu Arenal and Torre Baró, and lines R2 and R2 Nord connect Passeig de Gràcia with the station of Sant Andreu Comtal.
- Bus: the daytime services operating in the neighbourhoods affected by the suspension of the metro service are H8, 11, 34, 62, 192, V25, V31 and V33. The services operating at night are N3 and N9.
For full information on L1 metro services and alternatives between the stations of Clot and Fondo while this section is out of service check the TMB website.