Registration period for the Inclusive Conference is now open
The Barcelona Sports Institute (IBE) is committed to promoting the human rights of people with disabilities, under the Barcelona Sport Includes programme and through a system for equal opportunities with the rest of the population.
Only too aware of the training needs in this area if education and leisure, the IBE is working in collaboration with the Institute for Educational Sciences and the Institute for Professional Development (ICE-IDP) at the University of Barcelona (UB), to organise, this coming 20 March, the First Conference on Good Practices in Sports Inclusion, under the slogan “Multiple disabilities and right to inclusion in physical education and sports leisure. Reality or utopia?”.
The goal behind this conference is to offer a framework for reflection on how full inclusion, without exception, proves to be crucial for transforming both the educational system and society. It is firmly committed to a limitless inclusive education, which brings together capacities in the natural group environment in an inclusive school and leisure – and therefore universal-design – model.
The conferences are aimed above all at Physical-Education and Special-Education teachers, sports and leisure expert educators, primary-school teachers, school and leisure directors and physiotherapists and Special Education support staff, among others.
Places are limited and allocated according to order of registration. Sign up to it!
9 am – 9.15 am Documents are handed out.
9.15 am – 9.30 am Official presentation.
9.30 am – 10 am Opening talk: Benefits of a limitless inclusion.
– Dr Ignasi Puigdellívol Aguadé. Profession of Special Education at the UB.
10 am – 11 am Talk: Inclusion in the classroom: let’s examine experiences.
– Dr Jesús Soldevila Pérez. Lecturer at the Faculty of Education, Translation and Human Sciences at the University of Vic-UCC.
11 am – 11.45 am Break and coffee. Llevant building cloister.
11.30 am – 12.30 noon LET’S PLAY! programme: Inclusion as an opportunity in physical education and in leisure-time physical and sports activities.
- Dr Merche Ríos Hernández. Lecturer at the Faculty of Education at the UB.
- Patricia Burgos Nuñez. ASPACE physiotherapist.
- Tate Bonany Jané. Director of the JOCVIU Association’s technical management.
- Maria Galindo Jiménez. Sergio’s mother.
- Gemma Pintó Longas. Coordinator for inclusion at the Eixample Sports Association.
- Raul Romero Muñoz. Physical-education teacher at the Collserola School.
- Laura Tomàs Canalís. Physical-education teacher at the Decroly School.
12.30 noon – 2 pm Round table: Including students with multiple disabilities in physical education at school and in leisure-time physical and sports activities: reality or utopia?
– Moderated by: Dr Carme Panchón Iglesias. Assistant Director ICE-IDP at the UB.
– Participants: to be confirmed.
2 pm – 2.15 pm Conclusion of the Conference.