Requisites for commercial establishments of under 400 square metres to re-openShops and commercial establishments with under 400 square metres of floor space can open to the public again as from Monday 4 May. A series of measures relating to hygiene, safety, capacity and prevention must be applied. Customers will also be allowed to collect products from shops and pick up food from bars and restaurants.
The initial stage of the progressive lockdown exit includes a series of measures for shops and commercial premises in the city with under 400 square metres of floor space and which were previously unable to open because of the state of emergency.
The measures do not therefore affect establishments which have been open during the state of emergency.
What are the requisites for shops to re-open?
- Customers can only be attended to by appointment.
- Customer-worker ratios of just one-to-one inside establishments.
- Minimum safety distance of 2 metres between customers and workers. If this distance can’t be guaranteed, only one customer must be allowed inside at any one time. Obligatory use of face masks if the distance can’t be guaranteed.
- Preferential time slots for the over-65s from 10 am to 12 noon and from 7 pm to 8 pm.
- Customers can go and pick up goods and food, provided they have ordered in advance by phone or by internet.
- Staff must be responsible for distributing products in self-service shops.
Obligatory hygiene measures for shops and other commercial establishments
- Cleaning and disinfection of facilities twice a day. One of these must be at the end of the day. If cleaning and disinfection is carried out halfway through the day, signs should be put up to indicate this.
- Cleaning and disinfection of workplaces at each change of shift.
- Daily cleaning of uniforms and work utensils.
- All establishments to make hand sanitiser available to customers and staff.
- Fitting rooms in clothes shops to be used by one person at a time and to be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
More information can be found in the Official State Gazette.
Tags associated with the news item
27/04/2020 17:48 h
21/04/2020 20:21 h
Commerce and marketsCommerce and markets
06/05/2020 18:41 h