Sant Andreu gets a new information and guidance point for jobseekersA new information and guidance point for unemployed jobseekers has just been opened with the aim of helping them find work. The facility is located in the Biblioteca de la Sagrera - Marina Clotet, in the district of Sant Andreu, and is the seventh of its kind in the city. These support points provided help for 10,565 people between them last year.
Barcelona Activa is using this service to connect to the city’s different areas and offer information on the resources available to help people access jobs or become self-employed.
The new facility offers:
- Personalised support: an initial interview is conducted and information provided on services and resources available, referring users to the most suitable ones.
- Professionals in work orientation: users have access to a team who will analyse their needs and outline available options.
- Tools and resources: an analysis is made of which tools and resources may be of use in each case, with recommendations made accordingly. Help is also available to sign users up for activities and services if needed.
Besides the new point in Sant Andreu, there are six other information points at the following facilities:
- Porta 22 (Sant Martí)
- District Office for L’Eixampe (L’Eixample)
- Convent de Sant Agustí (Ciutat Vella)
- District Office for Gràcia (Gràcia)
- Nou Barris Activa (Nou Barris)
- District Office for Sants-Montjuïc (Sants-Montjuïc)