Six new grief support groups at libraries in the cityGroups are being organised in Nou Barris, Ciutat Vella and Sant Antoni, with others to start soon in Gràcia, Horta and Poblenou. You can get information or sign up to take part by calling 934 132 121 or writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the grief support programme ‘T’acompanyem en el sentiment’ (‘with our deepest sympathy’), set up in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, six new bereavement support groups are being started on 27 January at different city libraries. This second edition consists of ten two-hour sessions, coordinated by an expert psychologist in this area.
You can get information or sign up to take part by calling 934 132 121 or writing to email@example.com.
The sessions will be held over the same period at six city libraries. The times and locations are:
▪ From 27 January to 31 March:
– Ciutat Vella – Francesca Bonnemaison Library: Wednesday, from 6 pm to 8 pm
– Nou Barris Library: Wednesday, from 11 am to 1 pm
▪ From 3 February to 7 April:
– Sant Antoni – Joan Oliver Library: Wednesday, from 4 pm to 6 pm
▪ From 9 February to 14 April:
– Vallcarca-Penitents Library: Tuesday, from 4 pm to 6 pm
– Poblenou – Manuel Arranz Library: Wednesday, from 12 noon to 2 pm
– Horta – Can Mariné Library: Wednesday, from 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
It’s free to register for the support groups, but users are asked to make a commitment to attending the sessions. Everybody who signs up will get professional support from a psychologist specialising in bereavement, to help them through the grieving process and make it easier for them to adapt to the new situation.
The bereavement groups are being organised as part of the Shock Plan on Mental Health 2020, implemented by Barcelona City Council to minimise the consequences the pandemic has on mental health. The sessions are an initiative by the Department for Health at Barcelona City Council and the Barcelona Mental Health Board, with collaboration from Biblioteques de Barcelona and the Psychologists’ Association of Catalonia (COPC).