New normal: Free circulation and resumption of usual activity with restrictionsThe new normal came into effect on 19 June, bringing a period when normal activity gradually resumes, with health and prevention measures to be maintained to ensure people’s safety.
New normal and the end to the measures from the state of emergency mean the start of a new period when people have much more freedom to get around and restrictions are eased in all spheres. The goal is to gradually get back to normal activity, with limitations to ensure people’s safety.
The activation of new normal means people are free to circulate throughout Catalonia and, from 21 June, throughout Spain.
In the city, restrictions applied to walks and sports activities outdoors have now been lifted. The safety distance of 1.5 metres between people still applies, as does the obligatory use of face masks when distances can’t be maintained.
Children’s play areas have been open again since19 June, with safety distances recommended, along with frequent handwashing and face masks when required.
Measures continue to be applied to facilitate journeys on foot and by bike, with streets reserved for pedestrians, bike routes and large areas for people to walk in at weekends and on public holidays.
Resumption of normal activity
The gradual resumption of all activity will respect the health criteria set out for the new normal stage:
- Safety distance of 1.5 metres between people.
- Obligatory use of face masks when it is not possible to maintain this distance.
- Avoid build-ups of people.
- Social distancing and safety measures should also be respected at family gatherings and social activities.
People are also advised to pursue activities outdoors where possible and to keep washing their hands.
Measures on premises
- Safety measures and the safety distance of 1.5 metres should also be respected in : bars and restaurants and other hospitality establishments (including communal areas), cultural facilities, venues and other recreational activities, shops, cinemas and theatres (including communal areas), discos, night bars, sports facilities and venues hosting fairs and congresses.
Gradual re-opening of municipal services and facilities
Recent weeks have seen several municipal services gradually get back to their normal activity. As from 22 June, other facilities resuming their activity on site are:
- Sports facilities: 108 sports facilities, including municipal sports centres, outdoor pools, football pitches and multi-purpose courts.
- Social Services: the twenty centres already working are now joined by fourteen others, also offering face-to-face support by appointment. Five centres remain closed: CSS Barceloneta (Ciutat Vella), CSS Fort Pienc (L’Eixample), CSS Maternitat – Sant Ramon (Les Corts), CSS La Salut – El Coll – Vallcarca i Els Penitents (Gràcia) and CSS El Parc – Vila Olímpica (Sant Martí).
- Services for young people: Barcelona infoJOVE points are re-opening, as are the Young People’s Academic Advice Centre (CAAJ) and the Young People’s Information and Advice Centre (CIAJ).
- Community centres: 20 more centres are re-opening, in addition to the 26 centres and 2 cultural centres which opened on 15 June. As of 22 June, some 80% of these facilities are now open.
- Men’s Support Service (SAH): after continuing to offer support by phone during lockdown, the service is offering face-to-face support again by appointment.
- Assisted bathing service: as of Saturday 20 June the zone at the Fòrum is open from 11 am to 7 pm every day of the week, with the exception of 22 June. The service for people with disabilities at the Nova Icària beach will be operational from the end of June.
In addition, ten municipal libraries are due to resume their activity from 29 June, also authorising the use of study rooms in all libraries which are open and operating by appointment, with a maximum capacity of 50% and new opening times, from 8.30 pm to 11.30 pm.
You can find full information on the measures applied during the new normal stage and about active municipal facilities and services here.
Tags associated with the news item
Mobility and transportMobility and transport
16/06/2020 10:16 h