Subsidy call for education and cooperation projects for global justiceNGOs and other interested entities can apply from 18 February to 10 March 2021, whether for annual or biennial projects. In all, 7.07 million euros from the municipal budget will be used for this call. The sum means another year fulfilling the commitment to allocate 0.7% of the municipal budget to projects for global justice and the development of the poorest countries.
Applications must be submitted telematically via the virtual procedures office. The application form and documents for supporting economic information can be found here.
Geographical priorities and themes
Priority will be given to projects in cities in the Mediterranean and the Middle East, such as Amman, Saïda, Tetuan and Tunis, as well as Palestine populations in the West Bank or the Gaza Strip, refugee camps for Sahrawis in Tindouf and Kurdish territories in Iraq and Syria. Other priority areas include sub-Saharan African cities such as Maputo and Dakar, and others in Latin America and the Caribbean, such as Havana and the Colombian cities involved in the peace process.
In terms of priority area, this year’s call adds specific priority fields for all projects: food sovereignty, energy sovereignty and digital sovereignty.
The budget for the new call is made up of:
- 3.17 million euros for cooperation projects for global justice
- 1.8 million euros for cooperation projects for global justice in specific cities
- 2.1 million euros for education and global justice projects
Out of the overall total, 5.07 million will be used for annual projects and the first year of biennial projects. The other 2 million will come from the 2022 budget and be used the cover the second part of biennial projects.
Master plan 2018-2021
This is the third year of subsidies within the framework of the Master Plan on Cooperation for Global Justice 2018-2021. The call is in line with the goals, challenges and geographical priorities of the plan, which is based around economic, environmental and gender justice and people’s right to refuge, movement and migration.
- Pla Director de Cooperació per a la Justícia Global de Barcelona 2018-2021
- Tràmit subvencions a les entitats dedicades a l'àmbit de la Justícia Global i la Cooperació Internacional, 2021
- Bases per sol·licitar i atorgar subvencions a les entitats dedicades a l’àmbit de la justícia global i la cooperació internacional
- Anunci convocatòria BOPB