Winning projects for the Montserrat Roig Awards 2023This afternoon we discovered the winning projects in the Montserrat Roig Awards for Barcelona Journalism and Social Communication, in a ceremony held in the Saló de Cent at the City Hall. The winners in this 30th edition include a documentary by TV3, a report by La Directa and the campaigns by the Sant Joan de Déu and the Associació Benestar i desenvolupamnet. The special jury prize went to Txell Feixas, in recognition for her professional career.
The Montserrat Roig Awards have been going for 30 years. The goal of the awards is to promote and incentivise quality information, emphasising better treatment of social topics in the media and focusing on the reality of Barcelona.
There were 58 candidacies for this edition, 28 of them in the social journalism category, 19 in the social communication category and 11 in the promotion of journalistic research in the sphere of social rights and social action in Barcelona.
The jury, made up of 18 people with renowned professional careers in the field of communication and social rights, chose the following projects:
- 1st prize in the social journalism category: “Sense Ficció: I diem Prou!”, by Televisió de Catalunya-CCMA, broadcast on TV3.
- 2nd prize in the social journalism category: “Destapem Blackstone”, by Gemma Garcia Fàbrega, published in La Directa.
- 1st prize in the social communication category: “Campanya Cafè Solidari SJD” by Obra Social Sant Joan de Déu.
- 2nd prize in the social communication category: “El viatge més car del món / El viaje más caro del mundo” by the Associació Benestar i Desenvolupament.
The awards for the promotion of research in the sphere of social rights and social action in Barcelona, which must be carried out in the coming months, are:
- “Joves i grans ben acompanyats” by Anna Surinyach Garcia and Agustín Morales Puga.
- “Menors i salut mental: anatomia del desbordament” by Maria Altimira Lázaro.
The special jury prize went to Txell Feixas i Torras, for her courage, professionalism and sensitivity in highlighting topics of social interest and for reaching different areas of people’s lives through her books and articles.
The overall monetary value of the prizes is 45,000 euros, distributed as follows: 7,000 euros for each first prize, 3,000 euros for each second prize, 10,000 euros for the two projects promoting journalistic research and 5,000 euros for the special prize.
06/11/2023 09:15 h