Less traffic in the side lanes in Diagonal and Gran ViaChanges to mobility in the side lanes of Av. Diagonal and Gran Via to reduce traffic, foster mobility by bike and on foot and facilitate bus access. As from 8 February, all vehicles except for bikes and taxis will have to turn right in some streets. Access to all sections of the two avenues is guaranteed from the streets that intersect them.
The changes to mobility in the side lanes of Av. Diagonal and Gran Via will be signposted in each of the streets, with information also given to the neighbourhoods affected.
Where will there be turns?
In Av. Diagonal, between Pl. Francesc Macià and Pg. Sant Joan:
- Side nearest the sea: Muntaner, Rbla. Catalunya, Pau Claris and Bailén.
- Side nearest the mountain: Roger de Llúria, Via Augusta and Aribau.
In Gran Via, between Pl. Espanya and C/ Marina:
- Side nearest the sea: Vilamarí, Viladomat, Villarroel, Muntaner, Balmes, Pau Claris, Nàpols and Marina.
The changes will reduce the volume of traffic in the side lanes of Av. Diagonal and Gran Via as private vehicles will not be able to use them to travel in a straight line. Access to the side lanes in both avenues is guaranteed from the streets that intersect them.
New bike lane sections
One-way bike lanes will become operative on road surfaces in the side lanes of Gran Via and Av. Diagonal as from the summer.
- In Av. Diagonal: a traffic lane in each side lane will be eliminated between Pg. Gràcia and Pg. Sant Joan.
- In Gran Via: a strip of service space will be eliminated from the side lane between Pau Claris and Marina.
The measure has been developed with local residents, organisations and groups involved.